It's easy to get lost in fear when you are dealing with cancer.
I have had my share of panic attacks, depression, curled up in bed wanting to just be done with life moments.
Those moments suck. But they are necessary, because it's in those moments you realize what it is you have to live for.
I don't live in fear, although I have every right to. I realize that fear is a very negative energy when held on to for too long. It drains the will to live, and accelerates the desire to give up. Not a waking hour goes by when I don't pause to remember what is going on with my body. But I gently urge the worry to run along, because I'm busy living. I'm busy enjoying my daughter. Loving my family. Nourishing my body with beautiful food. Worry about the future and missing these things i love when I'm gone doesn't help my energy. It's not going to heal me. Being thankful for the here and now is what matters. Because our bodies will all die someday anyway, even if it's not from cancer. Some may see this as negative thinking, but it really isn't. I see it as living in peace.

Oh Melissa this is so incredibly beautiful, so wonderfully written. I read this and just love it.."Keep remembering that God IS love and that He is FOR His children and hold onto His promises of life, love and eternity with Him in Heaven. what a beautiful reminder it is that our time here on earth is so small... the Bible tells us that we're on earth for just a moment. just a glimpse, but as God's children we have HOPE knowing that He HOLDS our futures..and in Heaven there will be no more darkness, no more pain and suffering and only complete JOY!"
ReplyDeletehugs to you Melissa!